Sunday, April 15, 2012

Musings From a Poor Educated Chick with Free Bread

I'm thinking about writing a book, and calling it the same as the title for this post.

The one thing I am able to do at work a lot is think, and think I do.  Lately, as you can probably guess, I've been thinking about what I'm going to do for work.  I haven't heard anything about my contract being extended so the current end date, as far as I know, is April 30th.  My third job ends mid-May which means that I will be down to one job soon and ironically, it's the one that pays the least.  I'm still playing roulette and will be sending in more applications for jobs in the upcoming week now that the big research project is *almost* out of the way and I have the smaller, but still kind of a big deal one left.

The next thing that I start to think about is money.  How the hell am I going to be able to afford things with the sudden drastic drop in income (even if I work full-time at my second job, I'm still only going to be bringing home about 40% of what I am now pretty soon).  I will have to get back into the coupon habit, which I let slip due to lack of time to do anything the past few months.  Epa still needs to get the second half of her procedure done, which a friend is urging me to get a second opinion before doing.  If I had the time and money for a second vet, I probably would do it without a second thought.

I may be looking for a roommate pretty soon since my apartment is a two bedroom.

My father told me last night that even if I'm still looking for a job in a few months to not get discouraged.  It's good advice, but it's also easier said than done.  Keep that in mind fellow rouletters.  I have also come to the decision that if I don't hear anything from anywhere by the dreaded April 30th mark, I'm going to do a Katie and work multiple jobs where my degree isn't of any use.  I'm thinking Kohls or Target because I could use an employee discount at either.  Or someplace where I deal with animals because people tend to become annoying.  Or get into a lab and (ha) put my undergrad degree to good use.


On a completely different note, I went grocery shopping today since I took off of work to get research done. Nothing special, but I did buy a ton of things in order to cook a bunch of meals for this week.  While walking out, there was a gentlemen in the cart area offering free samples.  Those free samples were packages of 6 Martin's potato rolls.  Did I buy dinner rolls already in the store?  No.  Did I need diner rolls? No. Did I take the two packages he offered me?  Oh hell yes.  So, this week while I continue to work deep in thought, I can munch on a potato roll.

No comments: