Thursday, May 24, 2012

Short and Sweet

Monday, I had to make some last minute arrangements to fly back home yesterday.  My cousin passed away at the age of 32 on Friday and I flew in for her wake and funeral service.  I don't want to go into it too much other than the service was beautiful.

I did want to share a quick story about what happened when on the subway coming from the airport today.

Our car (is that what they're called?) was essentially full.  At one stop a mother came on with her two children and had them sit on the seat next to me.  Before I was able to get up, the train started.  Both the little children introduced themselves to me.  I didn't catch their names but the boy was 4, and the girl was 2.  The girl was a little scared and the mother told her son to hold his sister's hand.  Instead, the little girl leaned over and gave me a hug.  A few of the people nearby aw'ed and I gave the girl a little hug back.

The mother apologized and I said no worries (I actually needed it) and at the next stop I offered to move so she could sit but she said she was going to sit down and put them on her lap.  The little girl told her mom she wanted to sit in my lap but her mother stopped her (I actually wouldn't have minded, I have always adored children and she was cute).

Anyways, today's post is a little short but due to recent events, I really didn't feel like doing my normal, witty and sarcastic posts.  Rest in peace cousin.  I will miss you.

1 comment:

Epilogical said...

Thank you, I never thought about it that way :)